Please take a moment to review the following information:
“If I Ran the Zoo”- Students may wear animal print or anything with an animal on it. I talked with the class about what possible shirts could contain such as the Cardinals, Diamondbacks and any other sports team with an animal as their mascot!
Spring Break: Next week is Spring break and we will return Monday, March 18th.
APTT: Please be sure to mark your calendars for our APTT meeting Monday, March 18th at 5:00pm in the gym. This will be our final push before AzMerit as well as awards for 3rd quarter benchmark. Hope to see you there!
Galileo Data: Students will be coming home with their Galileo data tomorrow. The top sheet is the Benchmark target page that shows how the Developmental Scores have shifted from Quarter to Quarter. The next 3 pages are your students ELA, Math and Science scores using the bar graph. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Science Fair: Spring break is the perfect time to start on the Science Fair projects. I would like you to keep in mind the following:
- You should be completing more than 1 trial for the project. Think of it as “best out of 3.” This will get you the best results.
- Most of your experiment will be keeping EVERYTHING the same except changing one variable. For example: If you are testing what corrodes pennies quickest, you are changing the type of liquid the pennies are being soaked in. You will be keeping the amount of liquid the same, the time spent in the liquid the same and etc.
- The students brought home a project packet to assist and guide you through the process. Please use this as a notes sheet and way to document the experiment.
- Tri-fold board: It is science fair season therefore the tri-fold boards will be easy to find. We request this board because should your student be chosen, they would need to present this as the school science fair and perhaps the district science fair. The board should be able to stand on it’s own.
- Take photos! You can add this to your board to enhance the presentation
- Keep the experiment to present with! If you are using cups, pennies, plants, those items can be brought in. If your experiment is the kool aid one, the photos will be your best bet!
Please let me know if you have any further questions about the Science Fair!