Please take a moment to review the following information:
Homework Tonight: Students have 8 questions to complete for Science. We read the packet together, highlighted important information and now they are to apply that information.
RISE Cards: Don’t forget, it is RISE card signature night! Please take a look at your students classroom behavior and sign under Week 2.
Nightly homework to begin next week: Students will be coming home with nightly homework in Math beginning next week to review fractions. I would love to see our whole class pass rate increase per standard before AzMerit as well as our post test for Galileo.
Report Cards: I will be sending these home tomorrow! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Review Packet text messages: Each time a packet is sent home that we have completed in class, I will send you a text message. This is my way of communicating that we have been working extremely hard in class and that these packets should be coming home to be reviewed.
Science Fair: How is everything going? Any questions? Here are the due dates again and reminders!
- Class Science Fair-FRIDAY, APRIL 19th
- School Science Fair (Grade level winners participate)-THURSDAY, APRIL 25th.
Please let me know if you have any further questions about the Science Fair!
- You should be completing more than 1 trial for the project. Think of it as “best out of 3.” This will get you the best results.
- Most of your experiment will be keeping EVERYTHING the same except changing one variable. For example: If you are testing what corrodes pennies quickest, you are changing the type of liquid the pennies are being soaked in. You will be keeping the amount of liquid the same, the time spent in the liquid the same and etc.
- The students brought home a project packet to assist and guide you through the process. Please use this as a notes sheet and way to document the experiment.
- Tri-fold board: It is science fair season therefore the tri-fold boards will be easy to find. We request this board because should your student be chosen, they would need to present this as the school science fair and perhaps the district science fair. The board should be able to stand on it’s own.
- Take photos! You can add this to your board to enhance the presentation
- Keep the experiment to present with! If you are using cups, pennies, plants, those items can be brought in. If your experiment is the kool aid one, the photos will be your best bet!
Early Release & Bahama Bucks: NEXT Wednesday is an Early Release at 11:30 as well as our PTA sponsored dine out at Bahama Bucks!
Friday, March 29th: $1.00 dress down day! NOT this tomorrow, NEXT Friday!