Classroom Schedule and Curriculum Information: Science
Science is a critical and state tested subject that also incorporates the student’s reading ability when solving real world contextual problems. Units of study include: Concepts of Matter, Our Solar System, and Earth’s Ecosystems.
Science is an essential part of a child’s education. Understanding the units of study presently help to understand scientific issues in the future. The following list includes elements typical lesson framework:
- Internet research on an aspect of the lesson to follow
- Note taking, including vocabulary with discussion of key points and background
- note review, teacher read aloud for decoding and point clarification
- team approach to lesson’s “essential question”
- partner reading and critical thinking question
Your questions about our curriculum and input are always welcome. Please feel free to message or call anytime.
Homeroom Daily Schedule:
815-945 Science with Mr. Shepard
1025-1155 History and Social Sciences with Mr. Plavic
1235-200 Math with Ms. Balsie
200-330 ELA with Ms. Harris