I hope you have all had a safe and healthy winter break. I am excited to be your child’s resource teacher. Schedules and times for services will be shared with parents and students next week. As we navigate through this interesting year please let me know if there is additional support that you or your child needs. The best way to reach me is through email at email@example.com. You can also reach me on my classroom phone at (602) 237-9120 ext. 3259. Below you will find a list of resources that can assist you and your child as you navigate through this distance learning journey
Log-In to Google from home:
- Visit our school or district website: www.laveenschools.org
- Click on Students →Google Classroom
- Sign in with your district provided account that ends in @stu.laveeneld.org (this is the same account students use to log-in to chromebooks at school with the @stu.laveeneld.org added).
- Type in the password.
Description of Sites Listed in the Student Section of the Laveenschools.org website.
Online Resources- https://sites.google.com/laveeneld.org/onlineresources/home
Discovery Education – K-8 Science Techbook, 5-8 Socials Studies Techbook.
Google Classroom – Learning management system that helps organize online assignments.
- I’ve created a classroom that is specifically for practice work that I will post during the school closure.
- The code for this classroom is keq52lv.
- I will be posting reading, writing and mathematics practice work throughout the week.
Google Drive – Organization of online productivity tools – Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms
Library – Online access to search for books available at each school.
McGraw-Hill ConnectED – K-8 Math Curriculum, K-3 ELA Curriculum (Wonders)
NWEA MAP – Online practice test for MAP testing.
Nearpod – Online presentation tool used by teachers.
Pearson Realize – 4 – 8 ELA Curriculum
SMART Lab – Smart Learning Suite Classroom
Student VUE – Student Account Access for Online Gradebook
Online Safety – Video about staying safe online
Other Websites you can access from home:
Espark.com reading and math practice
Readworks.org- reading passages with comprehension questions. This site also has a classroom library feature where kids can read articles at their level and of interest to them.
Maurice C. Cash Elementary School
6-8 Special Education Teacher/Treasure Hunter