Dear Parents and/or Guardians:
Since we are closed for the remainder of the school year, I’ve listed below online sites where students can practice. As always, if you have questions, you can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If I come across more sites I will add them to my web page or Google classroom pages.
I have completed IEP progress reports for your children and will be sending them home when we return from the closure. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to me via email.
The district will be providing breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday. Breakfast will be served from 7:30-9:30 and lunch will be served between 11:00-1:00 for free for children only. At this time it is a drive-up/walk-up style. Children must be present to receive breakfast or lunch.
Log-In to Google from home:
- Visit our school or district website: www.laveenschools.org
- Click on Students →Google Classroom
- Sign in with your district provided account that ends in @stu.laveeneld.org (this is the same account students use to log-in to Chromebooks at school with the @stu.laveeneld.org added).
- Type in the password.
Description of Sites Listed in the Student Section of the Laveenschools.org website.
Online Resources- https://sites.google.com/laveeneld.org/onlineresources/home
Discovery Education – K-8 Science Techbook, 5-8 Socials Studies Techbook.
Google Classroom – Learning management system that helps organize online assignments.
- I’ve created classrooms that are specifically for practice work/online resources that I will post during the school closure. All work is optional and will not be taken as a grade. Here are the direct links to my Google classroom pages:
- (M.C.Cash Students) – https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/ODQ0ODEyMTQwOVpa
- (Vista del Sure Students) – https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/NTM5Mzc2MDI5ODRa
Google Drive – Organization of online productivity tools – Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms
Library – Online access to search for books available at each school.
McGraw-Hill ConnectED – K-8 Math Curriculum, K-3 ELA Curriculum (Wonders)
NWEA MAP – Online practice test for MAP testing.
Nearpod – Online presentation tool used by teachers.
Pearson Realize – 4 – 8 ELA Curriculum
SMART Lab – Smart Learning Suite Classroom
Student VUE – Student Account Access for Online Gradebook
Online Safety – Video about staying safe online
Other Websites you can access from home:
Mobymax.com- Academic site with reading, writing, math, science, social studies and grammar practice questions.
Prodigy.com– Math practice site.
Readworks.org- reading passages with comprehension questions.
Christa Lieder (Tovar)
Special Education Teacher
Maurice C. Cash Elementary School (K-4th) 602.237.9120 ext. 3266
Vista del Sur Accelerated Academy (K-7th) 602.237.3046 ext.3333